Cosplay Contest Rules and Reminders
Cosplay Registration: 10am-2:30pm
Cosplay Catwalk: 4:00
Winners Announced: 4:20
*all times are subject to change
An Overnight Stay for two at the Haunted Villa Bed & Breakfast
Two Tickets to Ghost Tours of Galveston’s Original Ghost Tour led by Dash Beardsley
Two Tickets to the Ghost Tours of Galveston, Good for any of their year-round, regularly scheduled tours
- First and foremost all cosplayers must enter the show from the First Floor Entrance, via the escalator, and submit any weapons for inspection. No razors, blades, or projectile weapons will be allowed. Once your weapon is checked you will receive a small sticker to indicate that it has been checked, and this sticker must be visible at all times and presented upon re-entry. Cosplayers will not be allowed to enter through the second floor entrance via the elevator at any time.
- No costume is no costume. (No nudity)
- This is a family friendly event, children are encouraged to join in the cosplay, and both group and solo characters are encouraged.
- Entry into the Cosplay Contest is free, and although craftsmanship is not required it will be highly considered by the judges. Costumes in theme with the show will also be more highly considered when selecting the winner and runner-up.
- Registration will open at 10am and close promptly at 2:30pm. All cosplayers registered for the contest will meet in the first floor lobby, behind the escalators, at 3pm.
- Catwalk begins at 4pm. Contestants, you will model your costumes and your character will be interviewed briefly by the emcee. Interviews will last between 30 and 45 seconds, then you can give one last bow or wave to the audience, then exit the stage. After every contestant has been seen individually, all contestants will re-enter the stage for a group grand finale/bow. After exiting the stage, judges will convene to make their decisions and the winner will be promptly announced.
- Winners will see the Event Manager to redeem their prizes.